Tania "The Machine" Baron

Who is “The Machine”?

Tania Baron LifeSTyle 389 Comments

Who is “The Machine” and is she really a machine or just a regular human being with everyday issues like the rest of us?

First off, I love the moniker “The Machine” and I relish all of the social media fodder that surrounds my persona. Let me share that “The Machine” is just like everyone else who makes the conscious choice to lead a healthy, happy and harmonious life. I strongly Trust and Believe that it’s these three simple words that keep a genuine smile on my face. I love receiving messages from people about how I motivate them to keep pushing and digging deep or how I have helped changed their lives. I don’t take these words lightly and I sincerely appreciate all of the wonderful heartfelt messages I receive.

A little preview into my life so you can get to know the real Tania—not just the Machine in the videos…

I’m a 39-year-old wife, mother and daughter who faces the same challenges as everyone else struggling with weight.

I’m a 39-year-old wife, mother and daughter who faces the same challenges as everyone else struggling with weight. People automatically assume that since I am in 95% of Shaun T’s workout videos (the other 5% was when I was pregnant), that I don’t have to work hard nor have I ever struggled with weight and diet. NOT TRUE! I was 40 lbs. heavier in my early twenties. It took a lot of hard work and determination to get fit and healthy—the diet being the hardest part. The truth is, I was constantly active because I was a professional dancer BUT I had the worst eating habits and ate sugar sugar sugar!

Then in my late thirties, I got pregnant and gained 60 pounds! Trust me, the last thing on my mind was my weight gain. My focus was on having a healthy baby and becoming a mother. After giving birth to my beautiful son, Benjamin, via C-section, I settled into my new “mommy body” and figured that I would never EVER get back to my old Machine body again! In fact, my BFF Shaun T would say to me all the time, “I can’t wait til you get back in shape so you can be on my left in my videos again.” Each time he would say this, I would get really sad inside and say to myself, “I’ll never be able to be your videos again.” The more I said this, the more I believed it.

Six months after having my son, Shaun asked me to help him develop Focus T25 and encouraged me to participate in the test group to truly test whether the program could get the Machine back into shape. My husband and I decided that it was time to get healthy and do it together as a team so we could not only feel better but also to overcome the cliché of losing yourselves after having a baby.

My husband and I decided that it was time to get healthy and do it together as a team so we could not only feel better but also to overcome the cliché of losing yourselves after having a baby.

I couldn’t believe how hard it was…I had zero abdominal strength from the C-section. I couldn’t even hold a plank for one second. For the first time, I understood what it felt like to be on the other side. So, to everyone who thinks that the Machine is just that—a machine—now you know, just like any other machine, they break down and need work from time to time!

Now, here I am today in the best shape of my life with my 40th birthday just months away and I have the most beautiful baby boy in the world! The next question is…when is baby #2 coming? LOL!