Today on T&B we are ending Pride Month with a very special guest, Shaun’s husband Scott! They have a conversation on the different experiences in their lives growing up as closeted gay men. It’s Important that even if you are not LGBTQ, you tune in because this episode can help you understand the challenges for someone in your life who is! In order to unify, and to grow we must be open to learning from those who are different from us. After all, LOVE IS LOVE! Happy Pride!
00:00 – Intro
2:45 – Coming out and the courage behind it
5:00 – The year leading up to Scott coming out to his parents
11:00 – People who really love you will always accept you and stand by your side
16:15 – Trying to be liked by everyone
22:05 – Shaun’s experience growing up in church, acceptance, and lack thereof with family
25:40 – Come out for yourself
27:44 – Being Dads to twins and dealing with tantrums
30:24 – What is on thing you have learned being in a same sex parenting relationship that can help Scott’s parents as heterosexual parents
32:55 – How do you keep intimacy strong in a relationship
35:37 – Live outside your comfort zone and live life in color
Thanks so much for tuning into this week’s episode of The Trust and Believe Podcast! We hope you enjoyed it and would love it if you could take a moment to subscribe and review at the link below. This will ensure we continue to deliver information, motivation and inspiration to trust and believe in YOU! A review also gives you a chance to be featured in our next episode! Review The Trust and Believe Podcast here
All of the Trust and Believe Podcast mentions and affiliates from today’s show:
- Keep up with Scott on social @scottphotobombs
- Follow @trustandbelievepod
- Enhance your love with the Relationship Thrivation course led by Shaun & Scott
- Shaun T Apparel PRIDE collection!
- Get STRONG with your morning coffee and take 15% off with code SHAUNT
- Join the SafeSpace with code TRUST for a special offer.
- Join us every Friday night for wine night with Dry Farm Wines – the all natural & additive free wine Shaun loves with free delivery right to your door! Visit dryfarmwines.com/shaunt claim a bottle for a penny with your first order!